Right, it's time for me to write a bit about what I went through to create this blog. I chose to use Blogger because I've used it before as both a website and a blog for when I've gone on holiday. I've never used tumblr and so didn't want to get into something new that could eat up my time when I could be writing the blog posts. I've used Blogger templates before, so I wasn't too worried about putting together a good-looking site, but this proved to be harder than I thought it would be. Firstly I had to find the right sort of template to fit the purpose of the blog. Then I had to a adapt the template to be exactly what I wanted (if you want to see the original template, it is called Revolution Lifestyle Two), which meant going into the code and figuring out how to change colours,fonts and other things. It's a good thing that have a degree in computing! If I had stuck with one of the templates offered as standard from the Blogger Template Designer I probably wouldn't have had all of this trouble but I wanted to be different, and I'm also an insane perfectionist when it comes to design. Right now though, I'm not a fan of blogger!
I've learned quite a bit through writing media issues up here. It's made me pay more attention to what's happening in the media, and encouraged me to listen to radio shows like Click and watch television shows like Hungry Beast more often. It's also given me a chance to put my views up without feeling that I'm just babbling uselessly, or wasting people's time by writing up rubbish.
What sort of blogger have I become? I don't think I want to pigeonhole myself at this point, especially since my knowledge is going to always be growing and changing. Let's hope that I'll be a good one.
Image source: Blogger logo
No comments:
Post a Comment